Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I'm Thankful For...

Since starting my business, I've had many opportunities to work with children. With today being Thanksgiving, I find I have much to be thankful for... especially for my opportunities and experiences with children. When you are with a child, it doesn't matter how much money you make, or how beautiful you are... whether you wear designer clothes, or even if you've put on a few pounds... all that matters to them, is that you love them with all that you have, and take time to just "be" with them. You don't have to dazzle them with great talent or skill... in their world, none of that matters.

We try our best to raise and teach our children, but in the end, they end up teaching us. They show us that it's the simple things in life that mean the most, and that life is a gift.... a priceless gift that is given to us in moments. The only question we are left to answer, is, how will we live out those moments?

For me, I want to live through the eyes of a child. At the grocery store the other day, I watched a young boy ride the mechanical horse. The look on his face was so innocent, and carefree. It was the look of someone who had yet to encounter struggle and stress, heartache and pain.

Yes, to live through the eyes of a child would be my desire. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for life and it's simplicity; for the tiny miracles around me every day.... And I am thankful for children who remind us just how fun and special life can really be.

I hope everyone had a wonderful, and safe Thanksgiving... and since posts are always better with images, I thought I'd throw in a couple from my day with my family.


A stare down between my nephew and Dad :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP