Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving :: Part 1

John F. Kennedy once said, "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." As Americans, we set aside one day a year to give thanks... but how often are we really thankful, even on Thanksgiving Day? Traditions have overshadowed the true meaning of thanksgiving. Instead of a day to remember what's been done for us, and to appreciate the life we have, we tend to gorge on food and fall asleep in front of the tv. I'm ashamed to say, that I too am guilty of this. It's not been intentional, but I hope to strive to change this.


I am truly grateful for the life I have. I am so very thankful for my family, and the time I get to spend with them. Below are a few images from our Thanksgiving together. The first few are some shots of the food prep, and my nephew, Joah, anxiously awaiting dinner :)


I did manage to get in a few shots throughout the day... it rarely happens.
I love my parents. They are a strength, and a huge support to me!
My sister, and my best friend... I love her dearly!

My grandmother will surely kill me for the shot of her below. I snapped this one as she poked her head out of the window. You never know when I'll pop up with my camera! :)
Joah was not too happy when it was time to go in.
I will share a bit more on our Thanksgiving in a later post. I hope everyone reading this had a wonderful time with family and friends, and that you found many things to be thankful for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP