Friday, August 14, 2009

The Day I Said Yes

Four years ago today, I was in Biloxi, Mississippi with my then boyfriend, Paul. We had been in Louisiana the day before for his sister's wedding. I was exhausted as I had spent my time at the wedding as the photographer. Everything in me ached... I was emotionally and physically spent. Paul and I had decided to make the most of our trip by taking a couple of extra days driving along the gulf coast.
The weather was beautiful. It was a time before Katrina even existed... there were no stimulus packages... and the word "foreclosure" was seldom said. The world was beautiful, and my own world was about to change forever.
Our first night in Biloxi, Paul and I went out for a casual dinner, and then decided on a nighttime stroll along the beach. We stood out on a small sand bar and gazed out over the water; the city's night lights flickered and reflected off the water's surface. As we stood there, Paul told me he wanted to show me something and asked that I keep my back to him. He knelt behind me and began drawing in the sand. I turned around and found the image below...my heart almost stopped... could this be real?

Paul began to share with me how much I meant to him and how he loved me so much that he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. On this night he asked me to marry him!
...and I gave him my answer :)
Needless to say, he was very excited!


I have many happy moments in my life... this moment was one of the best!

5 comments:

Sarah Rimel Friday, August 14, 2009 at 9:09:00 PM CDT  

Okay, that is just too stinkin' cute. And how neat that you had a camera handy to document such a momentous occasion! Congrats on your engagement anniversary!

Sandberg Photography Friday, August 14, 2009 at 11:20:00 PM CDT  

Yes, when we were dating, we carried our little Canon powershot everywhere... now it's broke, and very little of our personal lives gets documented :(

Sarah Jean Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 1:33:00 AM CDT  

You guys are so cute! Ryan and I are blessed to have you as friends. Ryan says he had fun tonight and thanks for the movie :)

Anonymous Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 7:06:00 PM CDT  

Love it. What a cool engagement story! YOu are such a cute couple. :D

Anonymous Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 11:26:00 AM CDT  

Such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!

- Jessie

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP