Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend with the family

Two weekends ago, I drove down to southeast Missouri with my sister to attend my brother's graduation from college.  The drive is long, and at times can be utterly boring, but I always love going back to where I grew up.  The sounds of crickets and tree frogs on a summers night, fireflies flashing in unison, the sky crystal clear with stars as far as you can see; these are memories I treasure and look forward to often.  Below are a few images from Matthew's gradutation; I circled his face in the crowd of graduates :)
The ceremony was 2 1/2 hours long, and it took us an hour and a half just to get there.  Needless to say, we were all grateful to finally see him at the end!
I loved the way the sky looked that day. 
These next few images are of us enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
"Papa" and Joah
My sis :)

We took some time to pick a few strawberries in Mom and Dad's garden.  Joah instantly became addicted to them!  At one point, he became frustrated that we weren't feeding him fast enough, so he crawled into the patch to get one himself :)

One of my cousins owns a greenhouse just up the street.  She does beautiful work!  I had to capture a few images, but they just don't do the place justice.

Yesterday, Paul and I spent Memorial Day with a few friends and had an Amazing time.  Today, however, we are exhausted!  I will share some of yesterday's moments, as well as more from my session with Dawn and her children in the next couple of days!

1 comments:

Anonymous Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 11:42:00 AM CDT  

I love the strawberry patch pics, and also the ones of Sandra's Greenhouse!!! Good times!
love ya sis
Diana

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP