Thursday, October 23, 2008

Small town fun

Last weekend I decided to take a quick trip back home to southeast Missouri, and breathe some good ol' country air.  It was the annual Ozark Heritage Festival... a big to-do for my hometown :)  I picked up my sister and nephew along the way... we both left our husbands at home... ahhh :)  (just kidding Paul)
  The day began with a parade consisting mostly of campaigners, farm machinery and big trucks.  Joah seemed to like the firetrucks.

In the image below, on the left, is my cousin, Ethan.  I used to go to his house every weekend and babysit him when I was in high school... that was over a decade ago!  Time sure has flown by!  The day had only began, and already Joah was pooped out! :)
Below is a shot of the amateur team sawing and some good ol' rail splitting.
I found myself a bit inspired in my mom's craft room.  The sunlight was coming in just right and made every little knick knack and craft seem magical.  She does such a good job!

Sunday, we spent the morning at Sam-A-Baker state park.  It was absolutely gorgeous outside... I couldn't get enough of it, and hated that I had to head back to KC that day.
Below is my brother with Joah.  I love my brother... I don't get to see him enough.  Diana and I stayed outside late one night with him and just talked.  It was nice... it hasn't been just the three of us for quite some time.

The weekend went by way to fast.  I came home to rain and gloomy skies :(  Ah well, I hear this weekend is supposed to be nice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP