Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Quest for Customer Service

A couple of months ago, I finally made the switch from a PC to a Mac. Because of this, I had to switch all of my software as well. Adobe told us this was a very easy process, and all we had to do was fill out a destruction of software form and then they would send a replacement version; it all sounded very simple. What transpired next was a month of phone calls to countless customer service agents and numerous case files. To make matters worse, I was in the midst of editing several sessions... I needed my software! Finally, after weeks of frustration, an uncontrollable eye twitch, and late nights editing on a stone age PC, my replacement software finally arrived. This experience left me baffled; what had happened to customer service in our country? I was determined to learn from this experience and made a vow to never undervalue or treat my own clients in this way, I also began my own quest to find and recognize true customer service.
DRESS BARN
I have been in great need for some new clothes to wear to my weddings, so last week, I headed to Dress Barn located in the State Line Station in Kansas City, MO. Shortly after I walked through the door, I was warmly greeted by one of the staff members. She kindly informed me of the current sales, and offered to provide her assistance should I need it. As I walked through the store, I began to collect a few clothing items I liked. Noticing that I was caring a bit of a load, the sales associate offered to open a fitting room for me. Most of the clothing items in Dress Barn are under $50... not exactly high class shopping, but I left with a high class experience. I felt important and valued. It was my first experience with Dress Barn, and I will definately return.
PLANET SUB
Last weekend, Paul and I headed to Oklahoma for a wedding. On our way, we stopped in Emporia at the Planet Sub on Candlewood Drive. We were instantly greeted with smiles and received prompt service. The staff was extremely courteous and always smiling. I also noticed how clean the place was. We even had staff members ask if they could get rid of our trash for us, as well as provide refills on our drinks. They went above and beyond the "norm" for a fast food establishment.
It does seem hard to find, but customer service is not dead, and great service does exist.... it just takes a little digging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP