Wednesday, October 20, 2010

James, Carrie, Jake, and Carleigh

I remember when I first met this family.  It was 2002, and my first year as a teaching assistant at the Children's Center for the Visually Impaired.  My class was the preschool 1 class for 2 and 3yr olds.  This is where I met Carleigh.  She had not yet turned 2yrs old, so her mom, Carrie, stayed in our class with Carleigh for the first several weeks.  So much of the unknown surrounded Carleigh at this time.  How well would she be able to see?  Will she ever talk?  Would she ever have her own independence?  Will she have friends?  Will she have a life?

Now, 8yrs later, we can answer those questions with a resounding YES!  She is such an amazing young girl, full of life, and love.  Her laughter is contagious, and her personality... magnetic.  She'll ask you a million questions, and give you a million reasons to love her, and to love life.  And let's not forget Carleigh's older brother, Jake.  What a stud!  He loves his sister  so much, and knows how to take care of her.  I mentioned Carleigh's contagious laughter earlier... I think Jake brings it out the best.  He's the best big brother Carleigh could have ever asked for!

This family will forever hold a special place in my heart, and it was so good to meet up with them last weekend, and catch up on life.  My favorite moment of the session was actually after I was done shooting.  Carrie and I sat on the front porch, chatting back and forth while Carleigh played with her neighborhood friends.  Carleigh uses a power chair, and drives it with such ease and independence.  It was so wonderful to see her take off down the sidewalk on her own and play with her friends!

What a beautiful family!
Told you he was a stud  :)



Before our session began, Carrie brought out some pictures I had taken of the kids a few years ago.  One of them was a picture of Carleigh kissing Jake.  Carleigh wanted to recreate that image.  As you can tell, Jake loved it  :)
I love these next images of Carrie and Carleigh... so precious!


And these images with her Dad... melt my heart!




And, of course, the perfect way to end any session  :)
James and Carrie, I know time gets away from us, but I hope we never lose touch!  Your family has touched my life in ways words cannot express.  Thank you for allowing me into your lives!

1 comments:

Sarah Rimel Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 3:45:00 PM CDT  

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful family! Those kids are both so pretty...and handsome.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP