Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meanwhile...Back at the Ranch

For the past few nights, my husband and I have been doing a very rare thing.... we turned off our TV and read... Yes, read. We read books. Crazy huh? I grew up reading tons of books... I would even read while eating. I loved getting lost in a story or living out an adventure through the letters on a page.
Paul and I are currently in the process of searching for an apartment, and last weekend, after a day of searching, we ended with a trip to Barnes and Noble. I love going there! The smell of Starbucks and paperbacks attack my nostrils as I enter through the heavy double wooden doors. Each shelf is neatly lined with books of all shapes, sizes, colors and textures. Each one promises a new adventure... deep mysteries and new levels of knowledge and creative thinking. Paul headed straight toward the finance and trading aisle... I, of course, made myself at home in the photography and business section. If you were to try and find me there, I would be the one sitting on the floor surrounded by books :) So now, I have four shiny new books sitting on my nightstand, and I've already started reading each one. I'm so excited to read each of them that I start them all at the same time instead of waiting to finish one and move on to the next... I've never been good at waiting :)
Well, I know these images are old news, Memorial Day was ages ago, but better late than never :) Paul and I spent Memorial Day with some good friends of ours... Jack Stack catered. They are amazing!!!


Someone brought this fruit platter that just screamed to be photographed!

Paradise in Kansas! Who needs to fly anywhere when you have this to relax at?!

Hmmm... we both could use a little more sun :)

I have an engagement session later this weekend that I am super excited about. Lisa and Brandon are a very cute couple, and I can't wait to give them some amazing images!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP