Monday, November 06, 2006

Through the eyes of a child...

As adults, far too often we forget the joys and pleasures that once accompanied us as a child. All too soon we forget the feeling of laughing for no reason, or skipping through the room without a second thought. We have long since taken pleasure in the simple things and now find ourselves easily bored and tired of our grown up complex world. What happened to the days where nothing was impossible? When was the last time we let our imaginations run wild with new ideas? When was the last time you found an enchanted forest in your own backyard? Once upon a time has now become time we once had. Princesses have traded their gowns for pant suits; their horse drawn carriages for BMWs and Escalades. Princes have laid down their swords for laptops and bluetooth pieces.

I recently did a photo shoot for a good friend of mine and her nine month old son. It's so weird to think just how fast time flies. Sometimes it feels like yesterday that I was running through the creek bottoms behind my parents house and making mud pies, and now here I am, taking pictures of my friends babies. Time is irrelevant to children and worries are almost non existent. How is it that we forget this feeling of freedom so quickly? I love watching children play. It takes me back to a time where something new and exciting was waiting around every corner, and the smallest moments became the greatest adventure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP