Sunday, March 13, 2011

Leawood Historic Sites Tour :: Leawood Photographer

Saturday, I had the opportunity to shoot for Leawood Lifestyle Magazine for an article in one of their upcoming issues.  The article entails the historical sites still available to tour in Leawood.  Paul and I packed up the jeep, and began our day at the Somerset Shops on Somerset Drive and Lee Boulevard.  I loved shopping around at the Vintage Market.  So many unique items!  I could have spent my whole paycheck in there!






Next on our tour was Leawood's First City Hall on 96th Street and Lee Boulevard.

Leawood Firestation :: 96th Street and Lee Boulevard
My favorite stop of the day, was our visit to the Sharp Farm off 131st Street and Mission Road.  Stu and Diane Sharp own one of the last working farms left in Leawood.  Paul and I could have stayed there all day.  Stu and Diane welcomed us with open arms, and willingly shared the farm's history with us.









Another interesting stop, was the Oxford Schoolhouse located in Ironwoods Park on 147th Street and Mission Road.  
It's amazing to think that this was what life was like not that long ago.


Our last stop on the Leawood Historical Tour, was the Graham Giblin Home on 143rd and Kenneth Road.  Unfortunately, Mrs. Giblin was not at home, but I did get her permission beforehand to take a couple of shots of her home.  
This home was built by William Albertus McKinney in 1880.

It was such a gorgeous day, that we decided to keep heading south and end our trip at Somerset Ridge.  They recently won the prestigious Jefferson Cup award for their Oktoberfest German Style White Wine. Very well deserved!
Alas, all great days must come to an end.

2 comments:

Emilyn Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 4:28:00 PM CDT  

I came across your blog on opensourcephoto.net. Before I ask a question, I just wanted to let you know that I love your work. It is compositionally simplistic, which only adds to the beauty of your photographs. They are not overly processed, but true to form. That is what I want to achieve in my own work.

Hello, my name is Emilyn Guillermo. I am an aspiring family photographer, here in Anchorage, Alaska. Currently, I am in the process of setting up my blog on blogger. I noticed that you asked a question on opensourcephoto.net on how to make image sizes larger. That was a while back; it seems that you have a handle on it now. Can you please teach me the steps you use to post larger sized images?

Sandberg Photography Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 4:36:00 PM CDT  

Emilyn, I'd be happy to help! Send me an email at christina@sandbergphoto.com and we'll continue our discussion from there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP