Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cheesecake in the Raw

You may remember my post a while back on our recent decision to live a healthier life.  We're going on five weeks now, and so far so good.  We do feel better, and definitely more healthier than we have felt in quite a while.  It's also been fun discovering ways to create meals without all the sugar and processed ingredients.  For now, we're completely vegan... that's right no meat, and no dairy, and nothing processed or refined.  We eat organic, and raw as much as possible.  Just how long we'll stay 100% vegan, I'm not sure... I guess as long as possible.

Tonight, I decided to try a vegan version of a cheesecake.  Here are some of the ingredients I used for the "cheese" portion.



My crust consisted of pecans and raisins.  I soaked the pecans overnight, and then mixed them together with the raisins in a food processor.  The "cheese" mix was then poured over the crust (which was in a springform pan) and then placed in the freezer for a few hours.
The final product.







It was actually quite good, and I ended up having two pieces.  I will definitely make this recipe again.  Maybe next time I'll use a little cacao  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP