Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Gabrielle Lauren

Gabrielle Lauren was born on Friday, December 19, 2008 weighing 5 pounds, 10 ounces, and measuring 17 1/2 inches long.  She was a dream come true, and a precious gift.  On December 24, she was diagnosed with Trisomy 18.

Trisomy 18 is a form of Down Syndrome and affects the heart, kidneys, and brain.  The doctors have only given her a month to live.  With the help of a group called Carousel, Gabrielle's parents, Wes and Chrissy, were able to take her home just a few days after her diagnosis.  Carousel is a non-profit organization that helps families of children with shortened life expectancies. For Wes and Chrissy, Carousel has provided a car bed, a home oxygen machine, and hospice care 2-3 times a week.  This has been a tremendous help.
Some of you may remember one of my brides from last year, Jennifer.  She contacted me last week about Gabrielle, and asked if I would be willing to take some pictures.  I immediately accepted.  Gabrielle is so precious, and is such a little fighter.  I was so honored to do this session.

I love Chrissy's expressions here... so peaceful... so loving. 











This session will forever be in my heart.  I checked in on the meaning behind the name Gabrielle, and found it to be so fitting... "God is my strength"
Wes and Chrissy, thank you for allowing me into your home, and into your lives. Gabrielle will be in my prayers.
For a special slideshow of more images CLICK HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

WeddingWire Bride's Choice 2011

Weddings, Wedding Venues
2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More

About Christina

One of my favorite memories from my own wedding, aside from marrying my husband, was when my Dad walked me down the aisle and I leaned over and whispered to him, "I'll always be your little girl."  I love that moment!
     It's moments that make up our lives, defines who we are, and ultimately create our destinies.  Many such moments have brought me to where I am today.  I began photographing in 2001, and began Sandberg Photography in the fall of 2006.  This has been a huge dream of mine, and I believe that God has given me a gift of capturing unique and special moments; without Him, I am truly nothing!  I owe this dream to Him!
     

Review me on Wedding Wire!

Back to TOP